Special Education Programs
Connections and Connections/Opportunity
Formerly known as Behaviour and Learning Assistance and Behaviour and Learning Assistance/Opportunity.
This programming supports students displaying chronic, extreme and pervasive behaviours. Students require close and constant adult supervision and a high level of structure to function in an educational setting.
- Develop and demonstrate positive behaviour and social skills
- Achieve academic goals
Students must be in Grades 5 or 6 with severe emotional and behavioural challenges, and a clinical diagnosis. Contact your child’s school for information about eligibility and specialized programming.
Evansdale houses a large in-school Pre-Kindergarten program to help support the diverse needs of the community. Pre-Kindergarten supports children with severe delays, aged 3 to 5 years. Programming focuses on cognitive, self-help and social skills, speech and language, and motor development. Parents and staff work together to support each child. Please contact the school for more information.
Pre-Kindergarten builds children's strengths and skills in a playful, language-rich environment. The program is for children with severe needs who are between the ages of 2 years and 8 months and 4 years and 8 months old by September 1 of the year they are attending. See what families and school staff have to say about the program and find out whether is right for your child.
- Learn to express themselves, share and problem solve
- Improve communication and motor skills through specific intervention, exploration and guided activities
- Build social skills and confidence in a playful and welcoming environment
- Discover new experiences, friends and a love of learning
- Half-day classes
- Specialized support from speech language pathology, occupational therapy and physical therapy, when needed
- Playful and engaging learning environment
- Flexible instruction based on children’s needs and interests
REGISTRATION FOR PRE-KINDERGARTEN
To register for Pre-Kindergarten, your child will need to meet program eligibility requirements based on an assessment or diagnosis from a healthcare provider.
If your child has a report from a qualified professional, or has been directed to contact an early childhood service provider by Alberta Health Services, please contact the office for further information.