Arabic Bilingual Program
Arabic Bilingual provides students with opportunities to acquire and maintain language skills in Arabic and English. Evansdale School currently has Arabic Bilingual programming in grades 1 through 4. We will be adding grade 5 for September 2021.
- Develop language and literacy skills in Arabic and English, and use both to communicate
- Learn about the cultures of the Arabic-speaking world
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
- Improved academic achievement
- Improved skills in the student’s first language
- Knowledge and appreciation of different cultures
- To register in Kindergarten or Grade 1, no previous knowledge of Arabic is required.
- Students entering the program after Grade 1 are considered on an individual basis.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Arabic Bilingual will receive the same high-quality education available in all of our programs.
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 - Some yellow busing options are available.
- Grade 7 to 12 - Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation.
For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.